Career Level Manager
Experience Less Than 1 Year
The Glasgow Marriott have a fantastic opportunity for a Conference & Banqueting Supervisor to join ourConference & Banqueting Department on a Full Time basis.
Set in a bustling, cosmopolitan city with a renowned business centre and prestigious shopping, the four-star Glasgow Marriott Hotel puts you in the heart of it all. Our Glasgow hotel’s location is within a five-minute stroll to nightlife, the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre, the Hydro arena, and one of the best shopping areas outside London. Perfect for business or leisure, we are one of the top luxury hotels in Glasgow.
Main duties include:
– Ensure staff is working together as a team.
– Inspect grooming and attire of staff, and rectify any deficiencies.
– Communicate with guests, other employees, or departments to ensure guest needs are met.
– Respond to and try to fulfill any special banquet event arrangements.
– Set up banquet area/room, ensuring cleanliness and proper set up of furniture/equipment.
– Inspect and maintain table set-ups for cleanliness, neatness and agreement with group requirements and company standards, and resolve any problems.
– Document pertinent information in appropriate department logbook.
– Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees.
– Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, and support team to reach common goals.