Currently there are three versions of the test:
- PBT (Paper Based Test)
- CB (Computer Based Test)
- IBT (Internet Based test).
Currently the most requested and the most used is the IBT version.
It consists of reading three passages each of 600 to 700 words, followed by multiple-choice questions. The passages are based on academic and material topics that can be found in the university books.
Students have to answer the questions they have to see:
- Stated detail
- Sentence insertion
- Overall ideas
In total there are 39 questions. The session lasts 60 minutes.
It consists of listening to six long passages and relative questions to multiple answers. The passages consist of two conversations between students and four readings and then discussions about academic topics. Students must determine what the main details are. In total there are 34 questions. The session lasts 60 minutes.
Test the linguistic verbal ability of the student in addition to testing the degree of comprehension of various readings and conversations.
It is divided into two parts:
- Independent Task that consists of arguing and answering 2 questions that have to do with personal problems.
- Integrated Task consisting of reading, listening and arguing (saying the idea itself) two passages and then reading, listening and arguing two other long passages giving information about them.
- In total there are 6 questions. The session lasts 20 minutes.
Test the student’s writing ability as well as the ability to understand readings and clues and compare them. It is also divided into two parts.
- Independent Task that consists of expressing an opinion about a certain argument or experience.
- Integrated Task that consists of reading and listening to an academic passage and explaining how the two texts are written, the track is connected to each other.
In total there are 2 questions. The session lasts a total of 60 minutes.
The score ranges from 0 to 120 points. Sufficiency is 72 while most of the universities in the world require at least grade 80/120.
Costs – Venues
The cost of the exam is 150 Euros. To find out where the venues are and reserve, contact the British Council at www.britishcouncil.org